Early Head Start is the best start.
The goal of the Early Head Start program is to promote quality care for Missouri’s children birth to age three. This is accomplished through partnerships between Early Head Start and community child care, family homes, group homes, and centers. Services are also provided to pregnant women, with a focus on teenagers, and home base services.
Participants engage in activities to support their parental roles and to help move toward self-reliance.
To be eligible for child care parents must be working, in school or training and in need of child care for their infants or toddlers.
To start the application process, please click on the INTEREST FORM button.
Early Head Start Services:
- Family Advocates support participants through home visits, linking to community resources, transportation for program services and family goal setting
- Prenatal and postpartum follow-up support for pregnant participants
- Childcare services where available
- Early Head Start Home Base Option (To find out where, contact your local Head Start center or MVCAA’s central office at 660.886.7476.)
Early Head Start service providers include:
MVCAA Early Learning Centers
- Carrollton (Infant up to age 3)
- Richmond (infant up to age 3). Also provides child care and preschool services for children infant through age 5 for the Richmond community. State subsidy accepted.
Child care Partners:
- Bright Beginnings Academy, Odessa
- Little Steps Child Care, Lexington
- Little Steps Child Care, Higginsville
- University of Central Missouri Foster Knox, Warrensburg
- Central Village Child Care, Warrensburg
- Viking Learning Academy, Marshall
To apply for Early Head Start contact the Family Advocate at:
660-584-3131 – Lafayette County
660-747-2245 – Johnson County
660-886-9980 – Saline County
816-776-2255 – Ray County
660-542-2560 – Carroll County