Home Weatherization


Cut Heating and Cooling Costs.

The Weatherization program is administered by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources/Division of Energy. This program, sponsored by MVCAA, is a free service for homeowners and/or renters who qualify.

Weatherization crews insulate and air seal your home to make it more energy efficient. Weatherizing can make a home warmer during the winter and cooler during the summer, in return saving heating and cooling dollars.


Income Eligibility 

2022 Program Year
(Family Size – Income Guideline)

Family Size          Annual Gross Income

1                                $27,180
2                                $36,620
3                                $46,060
4                                $55,500
5                                $64,940
6                                $74,380
7                                $83,820
8                                $93,260
(Add $9,440 for each additional person)

Applications are accepted year-round.  Contact our office with any questions at 660-886-7476 ext. 1600.


Option 1 – Contact your local Family Resource Center for an appointment. (Walk-in applications are not accepted.)
Option 2
– Click the online Weatherization Application link, complete the application, and upload all required documents
Option 3 – Click on the downloadable Weatherization Application, then: a.) complete the application, b.) print the application c.) mail all required documents to our corporate office:

Weatherization Department
1415 S. Odell
Marshall, MO 65340

Required Documents

  • Birth Certificate on applicant only
  • Social Security Cards for everyone in the home
  • Heating & Electric bills – preferably from December
  • Income – previous 3 consecutive months for everyone in the home who is 18 years and older (SEE Below)
  • Proof of Ownership (SEE Below)

ACCEPTABLE INCOME – All that apply


  • Pay stubs – previous 3 consecutive months (if applying in August MUST provide all of May, June & July)
  • Current Year Social Security Award Letter
  • TANF (print out from FSD)
  • Retirement Pensions
  • Federal Form 1040 Tax Return – ONLY if self employed
  • Child Support (print out from FSD)
  • Zero Income Statement – for everyone who is 18 and older reporting no income (one per person)


Proof of Ownership – ONLY ONE IS NEEDED

  • Deed (MUST be recorded at your local county’s courthouse)
  • Previous Year Paid Real Estate Tax Receipt
  • Current Homeowners Insurance Policy
  • Current Mortgage Statement
  • If Mobile Home – Missouri Certificate of Title (in applicant’s name)


Landlord Agreement