Cut Heating and Cooling Costs.
Weatherization’s mission is to reduce energy costs for low-income families, particularly for the elderly, people with disabilities, and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety.
The US Department of Energy’s (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) was created in 1976 to assist low-income families who lacked resources to invest in energy efficiency. Funds are used to improve energy efficiency by using the most advanced technologies and testing protocols available in the housing industry. The energy conservation helps our country reduce its dependence on foreign oil and decrease the cost of energy. Renters as well as homeowners are eligible for this program.
2021 Program Year
(Family Size – Income Guideline)
Family Size Annual Gross Income
(Add $9,080 for each additional person)
Applications are accepted year-round. Contact our office with any questions at 660-886-7476 ext. 846.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Contact your local Family Resource Center for and appointment. (Walk-in applications are not accepted.)
- Click the online Weatherization Application link, complete the application, and upload all required documents.
- Click on the downloadable Weatherization Application, then: a.) complete the application, b.) print the application c.) mail all required documents to our corporate office:
1415 S. Odell
Marshall, MO 65340
- Birth Certificate on applicant only
- Social Security Cards for everyone in the home
- Heating & Electric bills – preferably from December, January, or February (ONLY ONE IS NEEDED)
- Income – previous 3 consecutive months for everyone in the home who is 18 years and older (SEE Below)
- Proof of Ownership (SEE Below)
ACCEPTABLE INCOME – All that apply
BANK STATEMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Pay stubs – previous 3 consecutive months (if applying in August MUST provide all of May, June & July)
- Current Year Social Security Award Letter
- TANF (print out from FSD)
- Retirement Pensions
- Federal Form 1040 Tax Return – ONLY if self employed
- Child Support (print out from FSD)
- Zero Income Statement – for everyone who is 18 and older reporting no income (one per person)
Proof of Ownership – ONLY ONE IS NEEDED
- Deed (MUST be recorded at your local county’s courthouse)
- Previous Year Paid Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Current Homeowners Insurance Policy
- Current Mortgage Statement
- If Mobile Home – Missouri Certificate of Title, (in applicants name)